Tuesday 13 January 2009

Romantic Meals from Jamie's Ministry of Food


Some really simple recipes in this book - Jamie's Ministry of Food: Anyone Can Learn to Cook in 24 Hours : Books - Free Delivery

I got this book for Christmas after my friend Catrina recommended it. She's a great cook and thought the book was really excellent and contains lots of easy recipes that taste fantastic!

I've done the stews - beef stew with ale, lamb with red wine as well as the minced beef wellington already this year and tonight I'm trying the fish pie!

I think the book is fantastic and have enjoyed reading it as well as doing the recipes. The beef stew was the one I did first and I thought it was so simple to do, it's going to be a favourite in our house at least until the weather warms up! You need some beef and some ale (Guiness in a bottle) and the standard stock ingredients for many of his recipes - that's onions, celery and carrots and a can of tomatoes. Oh and some bay leaves. And thats about it after salt and pepper and a spoonful of flower. Preparation takes a couple of minutes chopping veg, ten minutes frying the veg and then you throw everything in and being to the boil and then simmer for a couple of hours. It's so easy and makes your house smell fantastic too!

The book contains loads of recipes and I'm sure they'll all delicious and I'll tell you when I've done some more. They're easy enough for a novice to f0llow which makes them ideal for Valentines Day when you want to make the effort to cook a dinner!

No comments: